Monday, February 22, 2016

'The Best Things in Life are Free' - So Can Someone Direct Me To Them Please?

I think I have finally managed to get back into the habit of living in London! I have made my peace with the cold, bitter and frankly icy winds, got re-acquainted with my surroundings and even went for my first run! Score!

However according my my beautiful bank balance, going 'Made in Chelsea' crazy in London is completely out of the question! This is the one big problem with travelling for months (even with a bit of freelance work to help me out) and being out of the office for around 7 months. I have spent all of my money! Admittedly it got spent on skydiving, bungee jumping, island hopping and drinking endless coffees in places like Melbourne and Dubai but still!!!

Chilling! 

So now I find myself back in good ol' London wondering how to make the most of it on my diminishing funds. I luckily have an exciting new internship lined up (whoop whoop) which will take up my lovely long day hours but what about the evenings and weekends? Am I going to sit around like a hermit, glaring at the weather? I think not - I shall get the most out of London, even if it bleeds me dry (a high possibility in this case)!

So where to start? Theatre? Food? Fun Stuff? So much to do so little money! But it can be done! It shall be done...

Basically a whole meal right there! #boroughmarket 


Theatre: so I signed up for pretty much every single theatre discount mailing list possible and it worked a dream - I was in the theatre on Saturday night watching a great show for a mere tenner! I refuse to live in the city of theatre and not try and spend every living moment seeing it! The best websites in my opinion are Discount Theatre, Amazon Tickets and Love Theatre.

Food: Restaurants are totally over-rated in my opinion! Its all about the markets. Not cool enough for you? Then Street Feast it is! I went to one in Shoreditch the other day, and even though I don't really fit the Shoreditch mould (at all) the food was delish and super cheap!

Fun Stuff: Ok so I hate paying for things in London, I am much more interested in going to free events, I mean who isn't? And my trusty companion in this is of course Time Out Magazine. My new aim is to try and do a free thing at least twice a week! Plan!

Dinner Time! YUM

So that's it for now, I am going to go back to eating my soup and ryvita (yep that's all I can afford) *insert sad face emoji here*


No comments:

Post a Comment