Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Joy's of Job Applications

So here I am back in cold, miserable, rainy England. My travels are over and after recovering from a heart attack when I looked at my recent bank balance I decided that it's probably time to head back to reality and start looking for a job.

I'm sure there's one just around the corner... 

Oh the joys of strolling through job after job, constantly re-doing my CV and applying for jobs with the small hope that at least some of them might bother to reply. Wishful thinking I know, but at least it gets me out of bed in the morning, even if it is with a hat, scarf, gloves and hot water bottles (and that's just on the way to the kitchen), did I mention it was cold?

The current temperature of my flat right now....  

Oh how I thought my life would be different by now, back when I graduated I thought by now I would at least be ruling half the world. Funny how things never go to plan isn't it? I feel like it's far more fun to get stuck into a good new Netflix series and slowly make my way through the hot chocolate in my cupboard. Besides I want to start working on a book and continue my writing and that will make me happy for the rest of my life. The right job will come along!

Simple right?

Wrong! Today everything is about being proactive, picking up the phone and calling that person in HR who never called you back, its about slogging away and hoping that at least something will happen. Yet at the same time you have to know what you want, which not everyone does, and I think that you have to be picky. After spending a year and a half in a career which I hated its time to be more selfish. I am not going to jump into any job and I'm going to focus on the right career and the right company. I know that unfortunately a letter wont come through my door offering me the best job in the world (if it didn't happen with Hogwarts, it won't happen now)!

If I play dead maybe I can get away from reality.....

So I guess with my little rant out of the way it's time to head back to the good old applications and hopefully next time I write a quick something I will be further along the line and not lying on the sofa throwing malteasers in the air and seeing if I can catch them in my mouth.



2 comments: