Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Do Blonde's Really Have More Fun? A Social Experiment Conducted By Me.

Oh Hey..... 

"See you later!" you say, with a quick kiss as you part ways, knowing full well that this is the last time you will see each other. In the modern dating world, people are disposable, you can meet them and have a great time and then never hear from them again. Welcome to the generation of instant gratification.

Alongside the rise of the digital dating age comes impatience and shallowness, and as millennials, we have embraced both quite happily and fully. Gone are the days where you approach someone in a bar and ask to buy them a drink, now any chance of a connection is based on shallow assumptions and how you portray yourself in a few photos and a sentence or two. In spite of this, we are still the generation who has less sex than our predecessors, as sad as it is apparently we are all glued to our phones too much to care. Regardless of this, I thought I would have some fun and see if one of the old stereotypes still rings true and that is - do blonde's really have more fun?

The Experiment 

Ok, so I would like to point out that this experiment was in no way a fair or scientific, it was just a bit of fun. I had my hair done recently and chucked in some blonde highlights, with a clever bit of lighting and a good photo angle, I managed to make myself look blonde (see above). Then I chucked the photo up on Bumble and quite literally let the games begin. Now I know some of you may be thinking - how unfair, she is lying to the guys, not being her true self, guys have feelings too etc, so let me just say right here and now that I was open and honest with each of them, and at the end of the day I didn't know any of them and they didn't know me so I don't feel at all bad. The aim of this was to see if I got more matches or comments with my blonde photo or not. I asked about 50 guys, and granted not all of them got back to me, some of them I think saw it as a test and ran for the non-existent digital hills, but a fair few did and what they came back with made me laugh.

The Findings 

This was a lot more fun than I initially anticipated and I even managed to get a couple of dates out of it, so win-win for me. Although the guys I asked told me the answers that they thought I wanted to hear, I still got some great comments back. To be fair to them, though, if I was asked I would most likely do the same. Here are some of my favourite answers:




So Do Blondes Really Have More Fun? 

So the answer to this question is, in my opinion, probably not. However, as I said previously the answers I got were probably what boys thought I wanted to hear. Anyone who bothered to look at the rest of my photos would realise that I am without a doubt definitely a brunette, and that is something I won't be changing anytime soon. This was a completely ridiculous experiment to conduct, and my findings very unreliable, but having said that I did find it interesting how guys responded to the questions I asked them. Obviously, it shouldn't matter what colour hair someone has, but seeing as you base your decision on whether to talk to someone on a mere photo, it's something that people now pay attention to. I always thought I had a "type", but recently I have been on a few dates with someone who is probably the antithesis of what I usually go for so I guess it's all about getting rid of the so-called 'labels' and just going with the flow! So get out there and have fun guys, you never know, the unexpected might surprise you!

No comments:

Post a Comment