Wednesday, September 16, 2015

I Got My Ticket for the Long Way Round....

Some of you may recognise the of this post as some of the lyrics to the song 'cups' which I have been listening to on repeat for the last hour (video at the bottom - start watching from 1.25) as I prepare myself for the biggest long haul flight of my life and others of you may be totally uninterested - either way I thought I would write a quick blog before I head down under!
Let's Go!!

That's right - in about an hour or so I will be heading off to the airport and flying to Australia - the land of kangaroos, stupidly big snakes and Vegemite! I'm travelling this time with Air China - I have never flown with them before and I have to admit I am not filled with hope, firstly you are only allowed 5kg of hand baggage (not that easy when packing for 3 months) and secondly they sent me my boarding pass in Chinese!!! Well at least I think it's my boarding pass - I actually have no idea what it is, for all I know it could be a letter telling me that I can't get on the flight!

Do you think this counts as dangerous goods? 
Anyway I'm hoping that it actually is my boarding pass and that I will find myself in Australia in approximately 36 hours time! I know I can practically feel your eyebrows raise in shock 36 HOURS!! - I have no idea how I am going to survive the jet lag but I'm just going to go for it, and hope I resemble more of a human being and less of a zombie when I arrive.

My last few days in London have been lovely, full of fabulous food, long walks and a night in the theatre! Just my cup of tea!



My flight leaves in a few hours and I'm not sure when I will next have internet so thought I would drop you all a quick message before I get going, right now though I need to get back to google translate and see if I can figure out what this Chinese document is trying to tell me!



Global Pawprints! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment